Saturday, October 07, 2006

Nature Walk

Today was so beautiful that I couldn't stand the thought of being inside one second longer than I had to. Translation - I dragged Duane and Wesley on a nature walk. Wesley was more interested in the geese in the parking lot than actually walking, so it took a little while to get moving. He wanted to pet the geese and got way too close for comfort several times. Once we got on the trail, Mr. Outta My Way I Can Walk, proceeded to sit down and examine the gravel.

Things got a bit better as we got moving. Wesley didn't always want to stay on the path, and he didn't always want to walk the direction we were going, but he did pretty well. There was so much for him to look at! He picked up leaves and acorns, saw a bunch of deer (which he also wanted to pet) , flirted with a little girl who was walking with her mom, and checked his vocal cords to see how loud he could holler in the trees. It might not have been your typical nature walk, but I couldn't have asked for a better afternoon!

No comments: