Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday Dinner

Wesley was something else at church today. We attend our casual contemporary service, which is held in the Fellowship Hall. Pretty much everyone is used to Wesley playing with his toys and babbling during the service. However, today we had a visiting pastor and Wesley was not interested in anything except walking. At first Wesley just walked up and down our aisle, but during the sermon he took off for the front of the room. The visiting pastor was so nice about it and even worked it into the sermon.

After the service I told the pastor I really appreciated his patience and humor with Wesley. He told me he completely understood. Once when he was preaching his son toddled up to him and wanted to be held, so he held him while continuing with the service. "Some people look on worship as fine dining," he said. "I consider it a family picnic." He was fantastic! Maybe we'll have to check out his regular church sometime.

No comments: