Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Cheerio!

Wesley flat refused to eat his oatmeal or his fruit this morning, so Grandma H. gave him some Cheerios to munch. I had a few minutes spare before I had to take off for my conference today, so I stayed while Wesley ate. He did a really good job on his Cheerios. Just for kicks, I thought I'd see if I could get him to feed me a Cheerio, after all, he gives me a block when I ask if Mommy may have one.

"May Mommy have a Cheerio?" I asked, opening my mouth very very wide.

Wesley looked at me, smiled, and popped a Cheerio in his own mouth. After we repeated this little scenario several times, Grandma fed me a Cheerio to see if he'd get the idea. He did - sort of. He'd put a Cheerio in my mouth, but he wouldn't actually release it. After holding it there for a moment, it would go into his own mouth.

I was beginning to lose hope of ever getting a Cheerio when Wesley finally held one up to my lips. When I opened my mouth he actually gave me the piece of cereal. This must have been a pretty good game, because on my way out the door I leaned in for a kiss and he gave me a puff. At least I didn't go to my conference hungry!

No comments: