
Today we celebrated Wesley's first birthday by having a rather big family party. I have to be honest and say I have been stressing about this for weeks. In fact, I woke up at 6:00 this morning and couldn't sleep any more. Everything went off without a hitch and Wesley had a birthday party that rivaled Christmas!
We chowed on tons of City Barbeque! Wesley is a big fan of their turkey and their corn pudding. He did a great job feeding himself and Grandpa P. and Great Aunt Carol. 
Kate and Colin were there to celebrate with us. Watching Colin made me so excited about everything Wesley is going to learn this year. He'll learn to talk, he'll develop his sense of humor more. Colin even fed me watermelon off Kate's fork - sorry Kate.
Colin and cousin Kierstin helped Wesley open his gifts. I am almost embarrassed by how
generous everyone was! Definitely a spoiled child. At least Aunt Paula didn't make good on that drum set! Wesley was particularly taken with the blankie Aunt Susan made him and the pink and white poodle from "Uncle" Rick and "Aunt" Sasha. I think Rick was a little embarrassed about it, but Wesley LOVES it! He immediately showered it with kisses. We have dubbed her Fifi and think she'll be a great companion to Frank. It's super cute to watch Wesley carry one under each arm.
Wesley was pretty clean about the whole cake thing too. I was expecting major icing everywhere, but he was much more conservative and preferred to pick the colored sprinkles off. Cute and I'm certainly not going to complain that he didn't make a total mess.

Duane and I are pretty much exhausted now. Wesley is tired too, but he's too keyed up about today to pay much attention to it. Hopefully we'll be able to stay awake as long as he does.
2 comments:
We had such a great time. Thanks for making us a part of your family. We love you!
I'm not sure if we've met before - I'm Kate's s-i-l, Greg's sister. I just wanted to wish Wesley a happy 1st birthday and let you know that I've enjoyed reading your blog from time to time from Kate's link.
Wesley is certainly adorable and it's clear that he is every bit of your joy in life ! Wishing all of you a great year ahead !
- Laura
Post a Comment