First of all, let me say that I love my job. I work at a great library and work with an incredible group of colleagues. But sometimes I hate being a working mom. Take today. I dropped Wesley off at my sister-in-laws around 12:00. He was fine. At 2:40 I got an email from Duane saying that Melissa had called him because Wesley threw up every bit of his lunch and felt warm to the touch. From that moment on I was useless. All I could think was that my baby was sick and that he should be with his mommy. The logical/professional part of me said that I had a meeting at 3:00, tons of work to do, and that Duane would be picking Wesley up in 2 hours. The mommy part kept telling the logical/professional part to shut up.
I went to my meeting, but even my boss could tell my heart wasn't really in it. After an hour she and the library manager told me to go home. I raced to pick up Wesley to find him really warm to the touch and just kind of moaning. Apparently he had made quite the mess because Aunt Melissa said she'd just wash his clothes. She also said that Frank (Wesley's stuffed wolf/dog) would probably never be the same. She did a fantastic job cleaning Frank up. I guess we'll just have to see how he dries. In the meantime, Wesley has Lambie to snuggle.
We've been on the couch since 5:30. He's had a popsicle and a bottle and has mostly slept. I hate to have him out of my arms for a minute when he's like this. I guess "Mommy" won!
No comments:
Post a Comment