Friday, July 28, 2006

Some Days are Easier Than Others

..and this was not one of those days. Wesley woke up at 5:40 for a bottle. He went back to sleep until 7:30, but I tossed and turned with some really weird dreams. We watched a little bit of Noggin and then it was time for breakfast. At least, I thought it was time for breakfast. Wesley had other ideas.

I really wanted him to eat so I kept coaxing his cereal and fruit into his mouth. BIG MISTAKE!!!! Mt. St. Wesley erupted, flooding the high chair with everything I had worked so hard to get him to eat. So the high chair was covered, Wesley was covered, and since he wanted to hug me, I was covered. I took him into the bathroom to get his jammies off and then had to swab the bathroom floor. By this time Wesley had crawled over to the sippy cup of milk I had left sitting on the floor. It was a new style of sippy and I quickly discovered it was not leak-proof. So I changed clothes real quick and mopped up the kitchen floor. I returned to the high chair to start cleaning it and discovered Wesley strewing newspapers all over the floor. Things only got worse once I had all the messes cleaned up. Wesley got sick on his breakfast of babyfood, but he really wanted to eat the kitty food. I scolded and he cried, so I called Daddy and cried.

Duane really is my hero. He left work and came home long enough for me to take a long, hot shower without the little guy banging on the shower door. I made part of a bagel with jelly for Wesley and Duane fed it to him with some juice, then got Wesley ready for the day. He didn't leave until I was feeling human again.

The good news is that the rest of the day has been much easier.

No comments: