Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Psycho Shower

Wesley has recently decided that he hates his once beloved exersaucer. Now that he's on the go, he doesn't exactly love to be confined. Unfortunately, this makes shower time a bit more difficult for Mommy. I've started taking him into the bathroom with me along with a few toys and books. I close the lid on the toilet and remove the trash can so he can't get into to anything while I get clean. It's worked pretty well so far. Well, so far until today.

There I was washing my hair, looking at Wesley through the shower door when I began to hear the most awful screeching, ear piercing scream I have ever heard in my life. I mean this scream put the one in Psycho to shame. I flung open the shower door to find Wesley sitting about 1 inch from the door. He didn't seem hurt, so I figured he was just upset because he could see me, but couldn't get to me. If only it was that sweet. I quickly figured out that what was causing his distress was the fact that Mommy was playing in the water and he was not!

Weighing the risk of flooding our tiny bathroom with the risk of my ear drums being shattered if Wesley decided to screech again, I decided to finish my shower with the shower door open. Worked like a charm! Wesley sat on the floor and splashed in the water at the bottom of the stall. Hardly the ideal bathing situation, but I got clean and he was happy. Good enough for me!

No comments: