Warning! Not for the weak stomach!!!
So is it a perk or curse that having children forces you to take sick days? I was having a great morning. I managed to get completely ready for work(including packing breakfast for the Cafe Hyundai) before Wesley woke up. I got him dressed, gave him a bottle and put him in the exersaucer while I loaded up the car. Then 7:45 hit. At 7:45 Wesley, who was sitting on the floor, projectile vomited. "OK, not a problem" I thought. "I'll just clean him up and we'll go along our merry way." So I cleaned up and went to throw the rag in the laundry. Wesley crawled into the kitchen after me and promptly vomited again, soaking his outfit. Now believe it or not, I still wasn't sure if I should be worried at this point. Despite the fact that he had just gotten sick twice, he was still smiling and acting alright. I called Duane and my mom and was debating whether or not I should go to work when he vomited twice more. Decision made. Mommy took a sick day.
After doing the new parent freak out (taking his temperature and calling the doctor) we had a cuddly day at home. The triage nurse said not to worry unless it continues for several days or is accompanied by another type of grossness we won't go into here. So we read every book that was downstairs - twice. Except for Made By God which Wesley wanted to hear five times in a row. We watched Blues Clues and Sesame Street. We napped. We played. Basically he spent the entire day acting just fine. Then Daddy came home. Wesley was so excited to see Duane that he crawled and cooed and smiled and projectile vomited. Nothing says love like partially digested formula, right? Why do I get the feeling it may be a very long night?
2 comments:
Oh! Oh! How did you get your text to be red?? --K
I'll tell you when you share how you get pictures to appear within the text, not just at the top! :)
Post a Comment