YO YO YO! Live from...ah...well...my living room, "Blog-Master D" in da hiz-ouse!!! Okay, that's enough of that. Today, Wesley and I embarked on a most excellent journey. Our mission: to visit Grandma W in the thriving metropolis of Sunbury (population---17), and Great-Grandma S out in the country just beyond. We went to Grandma W's house first. Grandma met us outside, and Wesley kicked it into hyper-charm. Grandma was smothering him with love before they even got to the door, but hey...I got to carry the diaper bag, so I didn't feel left out or anything.
Grandma sat on the couch and Wesley sat on her lap, sometimes playing with his toys and sometimes laughing and giggling at Grandma. When she finally went to put him down, he wouldn't have any part of it. The fact that he wanted to stay on Grandma's lap just broke her heart, too, I tell ya. She didn't really want to put him down anyway. Eventually Wesley and I showed her our trick. I sit behind him and read him a book. He looks at the pages after I have read them, and then I say "Okay Wesley, turn the page" and he does. Every time. Grandma was properly impressed, and promptly enrolled him at Harvard because he was obviously extremely smart.
After a few hours, a bottle, and a diaper change (he is a baby after all), we decided to go out for lunch. So Wesley, Grandma, Uncle Doug, and I all piled into the car and headed out. Wesley fell asleep just as we were pulling in. I managed to get him out without awakening him, and he slept in the crook of my arm for most of lunch. When he did wake up, I kept him busy with the paper placemat and several veggie puffs. Then I shared my banana cream pie with him. That is to say I ate the good part, and he got chunks of banana. It's okay, though. Bananas are his favorite food in the world anyway, with veggie puffs being the only possible exception.
After that, we dropped off uncle Doug and headed out to Great Grandma's house. He stayed awake for that ride. When we walked in, we handed him to Great-Grandma, and he hugged her and snuggled his head into her shoulder. I told you...Hyper-charm. And as if that wasn't enough, when my Aunt Charlotte stopped by, he flashed her his patented "Melt your heart, you will adore me now smile", and she was done. Boy, let the cooing begin. Between the three of them, I wasn't needed at all, except for the whole food and diaper thing. Once again, he showed off his "page-turning on demand" ability, and his ability to stand for long stretches of time as long as he has something to lean on.
Evenually, Grandma, Wesley and I went for a little nature walk in the woods behind her house, and Wesley gave Grandma a freshly picked flower. I picked it and put it in his hand, but he gave it to her. He held it out to her, and when she reached for it, he let go. More cooing. Then I picked some flowers for Heather's mom, Grandma H, (Brownie points for me!) and we were ready to go. We dropped off Grandma W, then we dropped of Grandma H's flowers, and then we headed home. Mom showed up around 6:30, an once again I was no longer needed. That's okay, though. I got the privilege of spending the whole day with him. Combine all of that with a bath, some fun splash time, and a bottle, and he was out. Mission accomplished. Peace out! ...Sorry, it just slipped out. It won't happen again.
No comments:
Post a Comment