
I can't believe that last year at this time Wesley wasn't with us. I remember sitting at my dad's last year and being the after dinner entertainment. Dad did some sort of old wives tale test to see if I was having a boy or a girl - the test came out saying "boy." Go figure. I was just starting to show and that night was the very first time I felt him move. It felt like popcorn popping and I wasn't even sure what I was feeling. Amazing the change a year brings.
We had a busy Easter, but a good one. Wesley actually made it through church today. I didn't think that would happen after the disaster last week. But Wesley was back to his old charming self. He flirted with the ladies behind us and schmoozed the ushers. He even slept for awhile so I got a chance to enjoy the service. About the only thing I didn't like about church today was the little girl who told me the Easter Bunny probably didn't bring me an Easter basket because I'm too old. Talk about a blow to the ol' ego.
After church we stopped at Grandma and Grandpa H.'s. Turns out that the Easter Bunny didn't think I was too old, he just left my basket at Grandma and Grandpa's. Clever rabbit! He left Wesley a pretty impressive basket too. He had plastic eggs filled with banana puffs (which make his eyes get really big), a Little Quack duck and bath book, a frog that plays Jesus Loves Me, a Buckeye onsie, and some cool stacking cups that can go in the bathtub.
We had brunch at Grandma and Grandpa P.'s. Wesley was a little cranky because he was worn out from his big day yesterday and today's early church service, but he did alright. Of course, it helps that he love love loves his Aunt Paula, Aunt Susan, Uncle Stacey and Uncle Kirk. Basically he loves everyone who is an official member of the Wesley Fan Club or will feed him puffs. Lucky little dude had another basket from the Easter Bunny at Grandma and Grandpa P.'s. This time the furry one hooked him up with sweet potato puffs, a singing bunny and chick (which was a HUGE hit), a stuffed duck, a stuffed cat, some socks, some bibs, a book, and a froggy bath scrubby. Now I know that Santa and the Easter Bunny are friends and all, but I didn't expect Santa to tag along in April! Guess Wesley has been extra spoiled - I mean good!
I think the funniest part of our time at Grandma and Grandpa P.'s was Wesley's personal Easter egg hunt. Cousin Aaron has been the baby of the family for the last 16 years and I think he's gotten a little sick of it. He wanted to pass down the tradition of the Easter egg hunt to Wesley. Unfortunately seven and a half months is a little young to be hunting eggs (even though Wesley is very advanced *wink*) but we opened up a package of plastic eggs anyhow. One of them fell to the floor and Wesley spent several minutes chasing it. He'd catch it and then it would pop right out of his hands like it had been greased. Very cute!
We headed back to Grandma and Grandpa H.'s this evening for dinner with them, Great Aunt Carol, cousin Al (A.C.) Kirk and Susan. Wesley had an Easter dinner too. I found baby food that almost matched what the big folks ate - ham with apples, peas, and pineapple. He loved it all! I'm so glad he's a good eater. I just pray it will continue. We spent the rest of the evening playing with toys, posing for picture and just having an overall good time.
So we've now passed the first Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. What a busy kid! And just think, we still have first "official" Mother's Day, Father's Day, Fourth of July and birthday in the months ahead. One thing is for sure, having a child makes the holidays even more of a special occasion.
No comments:
Post a Comment