Thursday, September 03, 2015

Back in the Swing of Things

Wow - school starts and we fall right back into the busy schedule. Soccer, PTA, Scouts, birthdays, homework. It's crazy! 

I don't know if I mentioned that Duane and I are both PTA officers this year, and I'm co-chairing the craft fair, so that is a lot of my time. I have so many ideas, that I tend to get a little carried away with it. And Duane is overseeing the scout popcorn sale, so that will eat up two months. 

Tonight we got a teeny break. Kirk took Wesley shopping as a birthday present. They went to the Lego store, then to get hamburgers and then to get ice cream. I was just so touched that Kirk spent the evening one on one with Wesley. And I know Wesley had been looking forward to it. I'm glad they had some uncle/nephew time.


While they were off shopping and doing guy stuff, Ryan was at soccer practice. We are fortunate to have friends on both Wesley and Ryan's soccer teams and have worked out a deal with one set of parents. Duane and I take the older siblings to their practice on Wednesday nights, and they take the younger siblings to practice on Thursday night. That way no one has to spend two nights a week hanging around soccer practice. Duane and I got the better end of the deal this week since there was a major downpour right as practice started tonight - as evidenced by this picture my friend sent to me.

At least it was a warm rain, right?
Duane and I dashed down the street and picked up take out from a restaurant we've been wanting to try (yum!). Then Duane did a little decorating of Wesley's door.

 

Before you think it's a commentary on the state of Wesley's room, Wesley saw this tape in Duane's car and asked for some on his door. Not only does it tickle his funny bone, but it's usually a fairly accurate description of Wesley's attempts to clean.


No comments: