We started off the day with the Advent Festival at church. I volunteered to help out for the first hour, so Duane was an angel and got the boys breakfast there, then took them around to the crafts. He even took pictures!
We had intended to stay for the children's musical, but by the time we finished crafts, we would have had to wait 45 minutes for the program to begin. Not a good idea with our kids, so we headed home and made a couple of quick store stops on the way.
It was a nice quiet afternoon of doing a whole lot of nothing - although Ryan and I did each take a nap.
Duane and I went to my work holiday party in the evening, while the boys had their very first ever non-family babysitter. It was the middle school daughter of a high school friend of mine and even though it has never been so difficult for me to walk out of my house, she and the boys did great! We got home to find them watching a Tom and Jerry movie with the lights out and the boys in their jammies. Perfect! As soon as Duane left to take her home, Wesley was asking when she would come back to babysit them again. I'd say it was a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment