Last night Wesley came downstairs after his bath with such a sad look on his face.
"Mom," he said. "You probably already know this, but Fluffy and Sammi aren't real."
Fluffy and Sammi are imaginary animals that have been
"I know that," I told him.
"Is it bad to pretend they are?" Wesley asked with his voice full of concern. "They want to be real."
I just melted then. And I immediately forgave all the annoying things Fluffy and Sammi do.
More evidence of Wesley's big heart took place this morning when I was on Facebook. I was reading through status updates and noticed that my twenty-something-year-old nephew's dog died. I said a sad, "Oh, no!" out loud and Wesley came rushing to the computer to see what was going on.
I told him that his cousin's dog had died and showed him pictures of the dog and his cousin (he doesn't see this cousin very often, so I wanted to make sure he knew who I was talking about)
"I am going to give him some of my allowance for his dog that died. He can get a new dog then if he wants."
I nearly cried. Really. What six-year-old thinks like that? I love that boy!
1 comment:
Bless his heart! He is such a good boy. I'm so glad that he and Jack are friends
Post a Comment