Ryan had his follow up appointment with his surgeon today. Basically, it went EXACTLY as I thought it would. Ryan and I waited for nearly an hour before seeing the doctor for less than two minutes. She literally stepped into the room, said the pathology results were negative, glanced at the stitches and said they'd start to dissolve soon, then left.
It could have been a hellish hour, but Ryan was exceptionally good. He entertained himself by playing with the wonderfully crinkly paper on the exam table. He totally shredded it! All I had to do was watch and make sure he didn't put it in his mouth. When tearing the paper got a little boring, Ryan looked around the room and discovered something else to entertain him. There was a baby on the wall that kind of looked like him. It was grey and didn't have a face, but it did everything he did. Yes folks, Ryan discovered his shadow. He spent LOTS of time playing with the baby on the wall - and trying to feed the crinkly paper to that baby. He'd talk to his shadow and spit at it and wave his little arms. I remembered too late that my new phone takes video, or you could see it for yourself. But it was a pretty entertaining way for me to pass the hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment