Sunday, February 22, 2009

In a Haze

I have a cold that just won't quit. The kind where your sinus are so stuffy that your eyes water. Oh yeah, it's great fun. Ryan still has boogers pouring out of his nose and he coughs himself awake every couple of hours at night. Wesley is about over his cold and Duane had his last weekend, so I guess Ryan and I are the hold outs.

So what do you do on a weekend you feel lousy? Well, if you're me, you suck it up and go to work Saturday and Sunday, you host a birthday gathering for some friends and you try to decide if you should attend the Oscar Party you really want to go to. I am slowing down a little though. I left work a little early yesterday, went to bed early (yes, a little rude when we still had people over, but my eyes were so watery from my cold that I couldn't see) and I'm skipping out on church this morning. See, cutting back!


This his how Wesley fell asleep when we got home yesterday. Doesn't look comfortable to me, but he slept this way for over an hour.



I managed to get a couple of shots of Ryan without the booger waterfall. From these pictures you wouldn't know he's pretty miserable and whining almost all the time. Poor Daddy is in for a long day today whether I go to the party tonight or not.


Ray brought Rock Band over last night. Since Uncle Kirk lets Wesley play the drums at his house, Wesley was more than ready to rock out.


Other highlights from yesterday:
  • Fluffy (the imaginary cat) has been causing a lot of trouble around the house lately and has been pushing Wesley down and biting him (don't ask.) I finally told Wesley that if Fluffy couldn't be nice, he was going to have to go live with Miss Kate and Colin. We even called them to let them know Fluffy might be coming over. Kate had an imaginary refreshment all ready for Fluffy.....and I won't say what it was, even though I thought it was hilarious!
  • Wesley LOVES to help me in the kitchen so I asked him if he was going to be a chef when we grew up. He said yes, but now he's just a cake man. A few hours later, Wesley informed everyone that he wanted to be an astronaut when he grew up. This MORTIFIED me. I've seen too many space disasters to be OK with that choice, so I said, "I thought you wanted to be a chef." Wesley said " I do want to be a chef - after I'm an astronaut. But right now I'm just a boy." What a perfect thing to be!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Just so you know... Fluffy has been properly dispatched. That's what happens to kitties at our house! We took him to the kitty farm over the rainbow bridge. He enjoyed his bright pink drink very much.