Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Once Upon a Time AKA Assorted Wesley Stories

Wesley is in love with those prepackaged sticks of cheese you can buy. The only time he has ever opened the refrigerator on his own was to get a cheese stick out of the snack drawer. This morning, the cheese stick broke as I was taking it out of the package. I braced myself for a whining fit as I handed the little piece that broke off to Wesley. He looked at it, then held it on the larger piece and bent over to eat it. So cute.

*****************************************

Wesley and I are both fighting colds right now. I am trying desperately NOT to loose my voice as I seem to do once a year. Wesley must be fighting the same fight. This morning when he woke up and spent a few moments trying to clear his throat before crying out, " AGH! I can't talk!" Now, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that for a few minutes I hoped and prayed that he really would lose his voice and I'd have a day or two of relative quiet. I don't know if I've told you, but a good friend of mine (who shall remain nameless) once paid her preschool daughter to be quiet for five minutes. I totally understand what drove her to that and if Wesley understood what money was, I'm sure I would have already done the same thing.

******************************************

Wesley is a little bit confused when it comes to NHL teams. When we were watching hockey one night I said, "Do we like the Red Wings? No! Do we like the Blackhawks? No! Do we like the Blue Jackets? YES!" Apparently I should have said more teams that didn't have a color in their name, because now Wesley will come up to me and say, "Do we like the Red Wings? No! Do we like the orange cats? No! Do we like the green frogs? No! Do we like the Blue Jackets? Yes!"

No comments: