Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Name is Wesley and I'm a Chocoholic

Is there a chocoholic's anonymous program for 3 year olds? Because if there is, I REALLY need to sign Wesley up. Wesley will not drink plain milk, only chocolate milk. We combat this by putting the smallest amount of chocolate syrup possible in his milk, and that usually works. But I think this kid could sniff out chocolate a mile away!

This morning I broke into my stash of Godiva candy that someone gave me. I selected two pieces and put them into a little plastic container for my dessert at lunch today. I carried the container into Wesley's room with me (since my stash is upstairs). Wesley saw it immediately.

Wesley: What's that?
Mommy: It's my dessert for lunchtime today. I am taking it to work.
Wesley: Is it a chocolate snack?
Mommy: It's a chocolate dessert for Mommy.
Wesley: Maybe I could just hold the chocolate for you?

Yeah right, like I was going to fall for that. He wanted to hold it alright. In his tummy!

We stopped for a donut on the way to Cathy's this morning. As usual, Wesley chose a chocolate one. He munched contentedly until we pulled onto Cathy's street, when I heard a big sigh. I asked what was wrong and glanced in the rear view mirror. I saw Wesley looking regretfully at the remaining two bites of donut as he said, "I wish I could finish that." Then he handed last two bites to me. I have some Fiber One chocolate toaster pastries at home. I wonder if he'd eat those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think he must get that from his Aunt Carol and choclate.