Thursday, May 29, 2008

Picture Perfect Day

Now this was the kind of day vacations are made for. Except for the child pulling on my arm while I'm trying to type, this has been a wonderful day. It started by me sleeping in until 8:30 and Wesley sleeping in until nearly 9:30! HEAVEN! We lounged around for little bit, but got our act together in time to meet Aunt Cathy and Kei at the park at noon.
It was perfect park weather today! Cathy and I found a nice shady spot to sit where we could watch the boys run around and behave, well, like boys on a playground!

The swings are always Wesley's favorite!


Up the stairs.......

...and down the slide!


Of course Wesley's absolute best thing to do today was to chase Kei around the playground and tackle him. Kei takes it pretty well since he has a big brother that already pushes him around sometimes, and Cathy has told the boys they have to be gentle with Wesley because he is smaller than them. But between you and me, I was rooting for Kei to give Wesley a taste of his own medicine! We made a quick detour to the fish pond before heading off for lunch.



Lunch was kids meals at Wendy's. Once again I learned the power of a little peer pressure. Wesley was fairly determined not to eat anything but his french fries, but when he saw Kei plowing through a container of oranges, he decided to give them a chance too.










After lunch we headed down the street so I could introduce Cathy to Cover to Cover - the world's greatest children's bookstore. I told Wesley he could pick out one book to buy. Even though he told me he wanted a red book, he picked out the classic "Dear Zoo." It was the first book he saw and he immediately fell in love with it. Kei had a similar reaction to the fish book he picked out.


I think this is my favorite picture of the day. Maybe it's the librarian in me, but is there anything cuter than kids sharing books together? I love it!

I took the long way home when we left the bookstore in hopes that Wesley would fall asleep in the car. It worked like a charm and he ended up sleeping for 2 hours. I even sneaked in a half hour nap for me! Once Wesley woke up, we went outside while Daddy mowed the lawn and we read "Dear Zoo" at least a dozen times. Even Stinky Bear joined in. What a great vacation day!

No comments: