Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Sho and Kei

We celebrated Sho and Kei's birthdays tonight. I wish I had pictures to share, but my camera batteries died. Bummer! Hopefully Aunt Susan will share some of hers so I can post them here.

Aunt Cathy had the family over and prepared an AMAZING authentic Taiwanese dinner for us. Oh my goodness, I have never had such wonder food! We had eggplant with meat sauce (my new favorite), three cups chicken (to die for), meatball soup, some kind of fish and choy dish, sweet and sour pork (NOTHING like you get at the restaurants - so much better), and some kind of shrimp dish with lots of fresh ginger and gingko nuts. Plus steamed rice. I only wish I was able to eat more right now. Oh, it was so good!

The boys spent most of the evening playing outside. Wesley would turn super cranky at the drop of a hat because he only had a 15 minute nap all day, but for the most part he did well. They all raced up and down the hill, played with sidewalk chalk and balloons. Wesley tried Kei's three-wheeled scooter and really liked it. The biggest meltdown came when Sho and Kei opened their new basketball hoop. Wesley wanted to play with it NOW and he didn't want to share and it was late so he cried and cried and cried. Not a pretty way to end the evening. Good thing his "cousins" try to take such good care of him. They don't like to see him upset and will do anything they can to calm him.

On the up side, Wesley told us TWICE at Cathy's that he needed to use the potty and he actually went both times! This is huge for us. YAY Wesley!!

No comments: