Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Spitting Image

I'm reading the above book right now. Last night, I was lying in bed with Wesley and watching Dancing with the Stars. Ok, I was stretched out on the bed, Wesley was doing his own show - Dancing with the Toddler. In the middle of his routine he noticed this book next to me and became very intrigued with it.

Wesley: Mommy, what is that book?
Mommy: It's the book Mommy is reading. It's called "Miss Spitfire."
Wesley: Miss Spitfire (in a way too cute tone that text will never convey)
Mommy: That's right.

A few minutes passed and I wanted to hear Wesley say "Miss Spitfire" again - I guess I'm a glutton for cute.

Mommy: Wesley, what is Mommy's book called?
Wesley: (looks at the cover) Miss Spit Apple!!!
Mommy: (laughing) No, not spit apple. You know what it's called!
Wesley: Miss Spit....say it with me Mommy.

Let's just say that Mommy knows who the real spitfire is.

1 comment:

Laura said...

That's great!

A "Spitfire", indeed! I'd have to give the kid points for using visual clues and being so dang cute in getting you to say it wrong with him!

A D O R A B L E !!!!!