The way kids soak up information never fails to amaze me. I wish I could video record Wesley all day long so I could capture the many many things he sees and tries for the first time. And the connections he makes between what we do and say is incredible. And he's so observant! For example, this morning we drove to Grandma and Grandpa P.'s house, but skipped our stop at Starbucks. As we drove past the caffeine palace, Wesley said "Mom? Mom? Mom need coffee?" I told him that I didn't need to buy coffee since I brought a cup of it with me and that satisfied him.
Wesley had a big day with Grandma and Grandpa too. They went swimming and Wesley had a visitor on his floaty. See the frog on Grandpa's hand?
After swimming, Wesley was BEAT! He could barely keep his eyes open while Grandma gave him some strawberries.
On the way home I called Grandma and Grandpa H. I learned that their 19 year old cat, Bentley, went to the "hospital" today. "What happened?" I asked. After I hung up, Wesley piped up from the back seat. "Mom? What happened?" I told him that Bentley was sick. "Bentley sick," he told me. "Sampson is not sick. Bentley sick." I couldn't believe he listened that well. Guess we really need to watch what we say around him.
No comments:
Post a Comment