Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Panic

I worked until 6:00 tonight. At about 5:20 the phone rang; it was Grandma H. "We've lost bear," she said. WHAT!?!?!?! Since Wesley, grandma and Bear all came to storytime today I did a very extensive search of the storytime room - I even enlisted the help of some kids who were back there. I checked the lobby and the lost and found - no bear. I had visions of putting up reward signs "Have you smelled this bear?"

I called Duane to let him know that we were in trouble tonight. My heart was racing. I was sweating. One of my worst fears had come true. Yes, we have Not So Stinky Bear, but Wesley continues to reject him. How were we going to survive without Stinky Bear!?


At 5:45 the phone rang again. Grandma had found Stinky Bear stuck behind/between some pillows on the bed. WHEW! I don't think I've ever been so relieved in my life!

No comments: