I took Friday off work to extend my birthday weekend. After dropping the boys off at school, my mom and I went to the North Market for breakfast and a little shopping.
After that I finished reading a book for review and actually got around to writing the review so I wouldn't have to think about it all weekend. Then Lucy and I got in the car and went to pick up some barbecue for lunch.
| Dog is my co-pilot |
| My reading buddy |
Saturday was another full day. I had signed myself up for the Run Like a Girl 5K as a birthday treat for myself, so of course the weather was miserable - very cold and rainy. But a 5K does not wait for Mother Nature, so off I went.
| Ready to run - well, walk |
| My sweet mom got up at the crack of dawn in miserable weather to support me and cheer me on. I love her so much! |
| One reason I decided to do this race |
| And here's the other reason |
| I did my fastest time ever! |
Ryan scored his first goal of the season. Last week, I told Ryan I'd give him a dollar if he scored a goal and various family members said they'd match it. As soon as he scored he turned around, threw his arms in the air and yelled, "I get three dollars!!"
After soccer, Duane and the boys headed off to scout camp. Yes, camp. If it's awful weather and my birthday weekend, it MUST be time for scout camp! Can I just say, I love NOT camping!
While the guys roughed it and searched for Bigfoot, I went out to dinner with my mom and stepdad and did some more reading with some of my fur babies.
My actual birthday dawned bright, sunny and noticeably warmer. I had a nice relaxing morning at home before the guys returned and I headed out for lunch and shopping with a couple of my closest girlfriends. Cocktails, shopping and laughter was just what I needed!
I ended the evening by having a light, late dinner out with Duane and the boys. Just a perfect day.
| Wesley's chocolate coma face |
No comments:
Post a Comment