Grandma H. and I went to the stores today to pick up a couple things and check out the after Christmas sales. Trying this with a toddler was a BAD idea! At the first store we went to, Wesley was really good until I ducked into the dressing room. Then he ran all over the store pulling things off the shelves. Grandma had to get a cart just to put it in until she could return it to it's proper place. At the second store, we decided to outsmart the little dude and put him in a cart from the get go. It still didn't stop him from grabbing everything in arms reach and tossing it into the cart.
However, our final stop was truly a toddler shopping frenzy. We had Wesley in the cart and he did pretty well most of the time. I wanted to swing by the dollar area (in Target) and Wesley was begging to be let out of the cart. Grandma and I relented and he ran for the dollar area as fast as his little legs could carry him. Quick as a flash he began grabbing everything he could and tossing it in our cart, saying that he needed "to get some stuff!" We had flip flops, chocolate, bibs, baby shoes, toys, books, you name it in our cart and it kept coming faster than we could return it! Is that game show Supermarket Sweep still on? Wesley would totally rock it!
No comments:
Post a Comment