Manners boot camp continues at the W. household. I have to admit, Wesley did MUCH better asking for things and saying please and thank you yesterday. However, I couldn't resist a chance to give Wesley a taste of what it's like to be whined at/demanded to.
Last night we were sitting on the couch sharing glass of juice. When the glass was empty I shoved it out in front of Wesley and started whining "Anh! Anh!" in a persistent manner like he sometimes does. We have been working so hard on manners that I really expected Wesley to tell me to ask nicely or say please. What did he do? He turned to me and in the sweetest voice imaginable said "Don't cry, Mommy. I get you more juice." Then he picked up the glass and trotted into the kitchen (closely followed by Daddy.)
I was dumbstruck! Do you think those articles telling parents to quell temper tantrums by speaking in "toddlerese" - loud, short sentences and things like "No want! No want!" are onto something?
No comments:
Post a Comment