Friday, March 03, 2006

Mommy and Wesley


Today we had a whole day of Mommy and Wesley. From the time he woke up until the time he went to bed, we were together. It doesn't feel like I get too many days like that and I enjoyed most every minute of it. I woke up to music coming from the baby monitor. Wesley has a musical "aquarium" on his crib and figured out how to work it by himself this morning. He is getting so good at working all his toys. He's a regular pro with his turtle and gum ball machine. I'm sure we'll be hearing Mozart from him soon (that is, if he hits the right button on the Baby Einstein toys)

Duane had to work today, but I was off so Wesley and I picked up Grandma H. and went to see Dr. Matt for a 6 month check up. All is well. Wesley is a big healthy boy, but apparently is allergic to peaches. We'll try them again in a couple months. After the doctor appointment we ran all over the place, but it was all for the boy! Grandma bought him some new clothes and we picked up a couple more new toys - a hammer that makes noise when you shake it, and a Baby Einstein keyboard that makes animal noises as well as music. The keyboard violates my rule that any electronic toy must work equally as well with the power turned off, but Welsey liked it so much that I couldn't resist!

Duane is out with the guys tonight. I'm not entirely sure it's fair for him to be out having fun on a day that Wesley received 3 shots, but I fed the boy prunes for dinner and I work all weekend (meaning it's just Duane and Wesley) so I may have gotten the better deal after all!

No comments: