

Wesley and I decided to take a look at a new DVD that I checked out from the library last week. He doesn't really care for Baby Einstein (even though he loves the books) and Baby Superstar doesn't really do much for him either. Tonight we found a winner - Eebees Adventures! I've never heard of them before either, but Wesley loved it! It's a little baby puppet that they show doing age appropriate baby activities, like banging blocks together, while an adult caregiver gives positive reinforcement and shows ways to vary the games. There is also footage of real babies playing.
After 10 minutes of Eebees Adventures I decided to re-create one of the activities from the DVD. I took his basket of toys, emptied everything except his blocks out of it, and turned it on its side. Within a few minutes Wesley had taken all the blocks out. I put them in again, and he took them out again. Then we played "build them up, knock them down" and "bang the blocks together." The kid catches on quick though because after a while, when I put the blocks in the basket, he'd tip the whole thing over so all the blocks would come out at once. Of course, he also spent some time chewing on the basket. Duane said that makes him a basketcase!
No comments:
Post a Comment