Duane has been on vacation this past week - which means Wesley has TOTALLY been a daddy's boy. In order to avoid mountains of paper work on his first day back, Duane went into work for a few hours this morning. That means for the first time in over a week, it was Mommy who was waiting for Wesley when he got up. The little guy wasn't too sure about that. He looked at me and said "You can go work at the library. I wait for Daddy."
I bribed Wesley out of bed with the promise of a trip to the big library. "Bear wants to go too!" was the response. In fact, it was all about Bear for awhile which is a little weird because Wesley
is becoming much less dependant on his stinky friend. But for the morning, Bear ruled. When Wesley got dressed he said he wanted to wear his blue boots today and Bear wanted to wear red boots. Since Bear doesn't have boots, I dug through a basket of infant socks, found a red pair and ta-da Bear has boots. Wesley didn't want breakfast, but Bear wanted pancakes, eggs and strawberries. Wesley would touch each bite to Bear's mouth before eating it himself. Apparently a big breakfast made Bear sleepy, because we had to tuck him into Mommy's bed for a nap.
is becoming much less dependant on his stinky friend. But for the morning, Bear ruled. When Wesley got dressed he said he wanted to wear his blue boots today and Bear wanted to wear red boots. Since Bear doesn't have boots, I dug through a basket of infant socks, found a red pair and ta-da Bear has boots. Wesley didn't want breakfast, but Bear wanted pancakes, eggs and strawberries. Wesley would touch each bite to Bear's mouth before eating it himself. Apparently a big breakfast made Bear sleepy, because we had to tuck him into Mommy's bed for a nap.Once Bear was sleeping soundly, Wesley and I headed out to Wild Oats (an organic/healthy supermarket near our house). Wesley was SOOOOOOOO good!!! He grabbed a kid-sized grocery cart for us to put our groceries in and stayed with me the whole time. We got him a fancy "pup-cake" and they even gave him stickers at the counter. Of course, the best part for Wesley was that it was sample day. He nibbled on a piece of sausage, some cheese, and a wheat-free, dairy-free Oreo look alike. He also loaded the cart with things I didn't intend to buy - a huge navel orange, some yogurt and dried peas and corn. I can easily say no to junk food, but when it's healthy and I know he'll eat it (except the orange, he doesn't like oranges but insisted it was his "favorite") I have a hard time saying no.

Daddy was home from work when we returned, so we all had lunch
together before going to the big library as a family. Wesley kept telling us he saw a doghouse in the children's department (there isn't one) and went on to tell us who was in it and what color it was and all sorts of details. Another mom looked at me and said, "Wow! He's got a great imagination for his age!" My response? "Yes. He often sees things we don't and tells us all about them." We only stayed at the big library for about an hour because 2.0 started to object to the grilled cheese sandwich we had for lunch. Luckily the big library is close to our house, because I barely made it home before...well, I'm sure you know.
together before going to the big library as a family. Wesley kept telling us he saw a doghouse in the children's department (there isn't one) and went on to tell us who was in it and what color it was and all sorts of details. Another mom looked at me and said, "Wow! He's got a great imagination for his age!" My response? "Yes. He often sees things we don't and tells us all about them." We only stayed at the big library for about an hour because 2.0 started to object to the grilled cheese sandwich we had for lunch. Luckily the big library is close to our house, because I barely made it home before...well, I'm sure you know.We pretty much took it easy the rest of the day. I stayed on the couch with my sensitive tummy and achy back. We watched some football and some hockey. At one point I started to get really warm, so I pulled my sweater up over my tummy. Wesley kept trying to climb on me so I told him he had to be careful because there was a baby in my tummy. "A baby?" he asked. "Yep! Your brother or sister." Maybe that wasn't the thing to tell him because he was fascinated with my tummy then. He kept poking my belly button and trying to talk into it! Is this what I have to look forward to until August 4th?
No comments:
Post a Comment